General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Question on value of 99 Z28 roller

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on value of 99 Z28 roller

I have been looking for a wrecked lower-milage LS1 car for the donor vehicle for my LS1 transplant for my Rx-7 when I came across a nice 99 Z28 that is fairly local to me. Car has 72k miles on it, has 3.73 gears ,SLP LM2 exhaust ,SLP lid, and full interior swap from an 02 WS-6. Is pewter color w/T-tops. Has new tires, brakes and rotors, and wheels were powdercoated black. If I were to pull out the engine/trans and wirirng harness, any clue as to what the roller would be worth? Just trying to get an idea if this would be the best route for me to go. Thanks
Old 12-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Staging Lane

Is this the right section for this?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Launching!

how much do they want for the car??? I think when people typically think of a donar car its usually a totalled vehicle, basically where the car itself is useless but has a usable motor and trans. Or the other way around of course. I gotta imagine your paying 10K or in the neighborhood for that car. I see that your in PA, where abouts? theres a place called contemporary Corvette up in bristol thats a junk yard for these type of cars, im sure you could pick up a used motor there. Check out the Cars/parts for sale section for deals as well, I just found this one
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/626173-99-trams-am-parts-car-complete-4-800-a.html
Old 12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, I actually saw that ad, but its an auto ... I need the 6-speed. As far as price for the 99, I could probably get it for 7-8k. I originally was looking for a wreck but this just sort of popped up and was wondering if I could recoup my money.

I am in western PA, about 45 minutes outside Pittsburgh.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Launching!

send you a PM. its so hard to determine if you would make your money back. most people now a days are looking for stock or modded TAs and Camaros, would hate to see you get stuck with the car, but hey you never know