motor4toys event results

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor4toys event results

2006 Motor4toys Toy Drive Results

Let me start by saying: THANK YOU!
I would like to thank every individual and club that attended and supported this event. You ALL made this event what it has become. As you know, this event is 100% charity, nobody makes a dime, it is all about making the children happy. This year, we have made over 10,000 kids happy. We did it, we have surpassed our goal of 10,000 toys and we are still collecting. It appears that we will be closer to 11,000 when all is said and done.

I would also like to point out that every aspect of this event is contained within the car community. From the t-shirts, to the fliers, webpage, volunteers, everything was donated or supplied “at cost” to help maintain this event. It is truly unbelievable how amazing the Southern California Motorsport community is. Thank you!

As for the money that was donated or generated through the auction, t-shirt sales, food sales, etc.: We had close to $7000.00 worth of profit. With that money we went shopping at Big 5 Sporting goods. For the past 3 years they have given us amazing deals on toys and sporting goods. This past Thursday and Friday, we stuffed an additional 45 boxes with toys and dropped them off at the West Valley Highway Patrol Office.

In a letter I received thanking all of us, a top representative of the California Highway Patrol Chips For Kids Program stated:
“The number of toys donated surpasses what we normally have donated for the entire season. What we especially appreciated was the quality of the toys sent to us. The children of our Area are very impoverished and the toys will be very much appreciated.”

What a great quote, we generated more toys than they normally get their entire season, and with a state-wide campaign! Also note, that statement was made the day after the show, they had no idea that we had thousands of more toys coming in!

If you can visualize, at the show we filled a 20 foot moving truck, a Caltrans Dump truck and a full sized pick-up truck! What an amazing day.

Please note that next year’s event will be on Sunday Dec. 2, 2007. Same location. If you have any suggestions please email them to me (d@motor4toys.com). Also, please mark the calendar and inform your club so they can put it on their calendar. We will be making a few changes to make it more fun. We will have “People Choice Awards” (with trophies) and we will do the raffle and auction earlier. Our hopes are to double the size of the event and toys collected.

We still have event shirts for sale: www.motor4toys.com again, all proceeds will go to buy more toys. They are $15.00 Please buy a couple…..

Also, a few people were so happy with the event, there are talks of a summer event for a cause, if you have any thought or suggestions, please email me.

My most sincere thanks to all of you. This event is a reflection of our community and what a great community it is. It could not have happened with out all of you. Thank you!

All the best,

Dustin & Staff
Motor4toys Charitable Foundation