Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil pack wiring extension???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil pack wiring extension???

Does anyone make these? I am sure I could buy the wire and the weatherpack connectors but surely, someone has already done this and has some tips...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not seen them. Most people who put the coils under the cowl claim they don't need to do anything with the wires, but pull them out of the stock loom.

Caspers should sell the weatherpack connectors, they are a sponsor.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

Check out http://www.currentperformance.com/Ac...iring_acc.html.

I relocated my coils on my vette to the inside fenders. I simply splice in the length of wires that I needed, nicely soldered & shrink wrapped each extended wire, then rewrapped the wire bundle like stock.

Originally Posted by ceo44
Does anyone make these? I am sure I could buy the wire and the weatherpack connectors but surely, someone has already done this and has some tips...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

that harness looks like a good deal plus the option to add as much length as wanted (for an extra cost) if you want something different then undercowl mounting. but Ive relocated a couple coil sets and you dont have to do any wire mods for that. but you do have to seperate the wires out of the harness back to gain a few extra inches per side. basically juts removing some elec. tape from inside the factory harness and retaping once they are repositioned.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You do not have to lengthen the wires if you are going to locate the coil pacs up under the cowl..just cut the electrical tape lose on the coil pacs wires and remove some little plastic pieces then you will retape them and you will be fine..nothing to it.. you will need to get some longer spark plug wires..I use some taylor LT1 wires and cut them to custom lengths ..

Last edited by slt200mph; 02-07-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Coil pack wiring extension???