Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cleaning a vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning a vert

I have a buddy with a white ragtop that has a black buildup on it. He is trying to clean it up and I don't know much about verts...never had one. Any ideas guys. TIA

-RYAN
Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Best way to clean a white top is to keep it clean. But since it's already dirty, there are a variety of top cleaners. You might want to look around in the convertible section to get opinions on the different brands. A mr. clean magic erasor can also be useful. I used it last time and it did help.
I will say this though, DO NOT use bleach (this advice was given to me by the shop that installed my top). It will eat away the protective coating on the top and it will get dirty easier and rot faster.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, when I saw it I wanted to him for letting it get like that but it's actually my Dad's buddy so I had to be somewhat nice. Thanks for the info, and I'll be sure to check out the vert section as well. I complelety forgot that that was even here. Owned by the internet again
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

You can clean it the same way you'd clean a bimini top on a boat. They sell cleaners at places like West Marine or Boater's World. I however use a weak dilution of liquid laundry detergent in 2 gallons of warm water. This removes mold and dirt quite well. Make sure to rinse well and thats it. It works well on convertables and boats and is much cheaper.