Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

GM Ext Warranty cover Slave & Flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM Ext Warranty cover Slave & Flywheel?

Howdy! I am curious to see, the literature that I have about my GM extended warranty says that it does not cover clutch disks but it doesn't say anything about the flywheel or slave. Should the GM extended warranty cover these things?

-The problem i am having is that when i let the clutch out quickly, and give it gas while in gear, the motor is just revving and sounds like there is a bit of a load on it and then when i stop, i smell the clutch bigtime. sometimes the clutch will engauge but it will engauge a good 2 to 3 seconds after my foot is completely off the clutch. my clutch pedal also seems to be changing engaugement points and will feel very soft at times and stiffer at others. what else could it be? i have a LS7 clutch in the mail already so what else should i do?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably fall into the "wear items" like the clutch. Best thing to do is call up the dealership and ask them
Old 12-26-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my clutch assembly, flywheel and hydraulics replaced numerous times with GMPP

The thing about wear items is that they have a standard warranty of 12M/12K for normal wear and tear, however, they are covered for the full 3Y/36K (as well as GMPP extended) against "catastrophic failure" that is NOT due to normal wear....

Like if a brake pad actually breaks in half or your clutch disc explodes (happened to me twice), it will be covered cause that's not normal wear....

Unfortunately, your problem sounds like normal wear, so you'd be hardpressed to convince a dealer to think otherwise

It would be a different story if your slave exploded or sumthin....

Rick
Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotcha..thats what i was afraid of...o well, its worth driving a 6 speed over an auto anyday! appreciate the info

Quick Reply: GM Ext Warranty cover Slave & Flywheel?