Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with tune problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with tune problem

i have a 2001 camaro(mods in sig) and i have been having a problem with the tune lately. its weird some times when im at a stop the cars idle with change in pitch, it gets alot less loud but idle stays same, then after a few seconds of that the car with jump forward a little and idle loud again. then at other times when i accelerate from a stop the car will studder badly and barely move then after a second it will jump and drive normal. it doesnt happen all the time but it does happen alot. if i reset the tune(tune saved on laptop) the car will run normal for a few days and then will start doing it again. if i read the ses code i usually get P0102. i have tried a different maf so i dont know what to do.

sorry about the long post, any help is much appreciated.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A tune doesn't just go bad or wear out... there is an outside item malfunctioning or pending failure. Follow your error codes.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

damn this sucks... i dont know were to start lol. the only code that keeps poping up is the one for the maf, but i cleaned it and borrowed a friends. nothing changed. figures as soon as i sell my daily driver the car has to be a pain in the ***.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Sounds like overactive ldle learning to me...Other than that, the 102 MAF code, which maybe telling you have an idle out of range in the MAF cal since you swapped it with a known good MAF. Try turning off idle learning and see what happens.