General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I hate making decisions :*(

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I hate making decisions :*(

I'm having a debate with myself. I've got some money lying around from various parts sales and a refund on a motor and some other stuff. Here's my problem, my 69' is still sitting in pieces waiting for body work. Should I go ahead and order all the pieces for the body work and start doing that and get the body done, (still need to do the rest of the car, it's a full frame off). Or should I use it to get head studs for my LSx motor in my garage, new cam, springs, and materials to build a single turbo kit for it. Then in Febuary when I get my bonus from work and my taxes I'd buy the rest of the turbo parts (turbo, wastegate, blowoff, controller etc) and build my tranny in my truck. On one hand I want to work on my 69', on other hand I want to get this motor into my truck and have fun with the truck in the mean-time. Opinions?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would do the '69 because old school always has the cool-factor.

There is really no right answer to this one - do the one that makes you the most happy and have fun with it!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL They will both make me happy haha. On one hand I would have something to drive that fast/fun that I can enjoy while I finish the Tempest, on the other hand the 69 is my real project and will be sick when finished :*( Wish I had more money lol
Old 01-08-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd do your LSX build, driving old cars, no matter how much new stuff they have on them is always more work than it is fun. You could do a 1/4 with one hand on the wheel in a 4th gen, not so much in a 1st.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

'69 Ftw!