Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone running a Jerico trans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone running a Jerico trans?

I am looking for a trans for my track only car (road race). Since the T56 has has 2 gears (5th and 6th) that I wn't use b/c of the overdrives I was looking at other options. The TKO 600R is an option but I started thinking a jerico might be a bit better for track only use. Anyone bolt one of these to an LS1?
Justin
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

I would call the S.A.M. school and ask how they adapted theirs to the LS1 Z28 they run. It is set up for straight line only, but they could help with suggestions on the tech stuff/clutch/bellhousing/etc.. They are the only ones I know of running a Jerico with an LSx, but surely there must be others out there, no??
BTW; I believe Jerico (as well as Weismann, Tex, and others) makes a very close ratio 5 speed road race box.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

I get ahold of Tosto Racing..He'll know
Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did alot of the instal on the SAM Camaro. It is not very hard. Just buy the lakewood schattershield out of jegs. And it takes very little modifications to get it in there.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Is there a flywheel available to run a Tilton 5.5" multiplate clutch? I guess the stock flywheel is 168t. Is the LS1 flywheel LS1 specific? I can get an Ex-Nascar flywheel and clutch for not too much $$$ but I am sure the flywheels are different. From what I have found, there is a 105t and 153t flywheel readily available but they probably won't work in the LS1. The smaller flywheel will necessitate a different starter, I guess. I would really like to run a Tilton bellhousing w/ hydraulic throwout bearing. I have seen them on Nextel Cup engines but I have no idea if there is a setup for the Ls1.

Justin

Quick Reply: Anyone running a Jerico trans?