Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out here....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out here....

I posted about my valve float yesterday. I'm now debating whether or not to do a cam when I get the valve springs replaced. If I decide to go with a cam I want it to be fairly mild. I drive my car everyday, so I need to pass emissions. Also, I will have stock heads and manifolds for awhile. What would be my best bet here? I have been thinking of either a LS6 cam, or a LS1 Hotcam. What are your opinions on this? Also what kind of numbers would I be putting down, and what would it cost for all of this work to be done? Thanks a lot in advance.

Dave
Old 01-28-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help me out here....

Cant say about numbers but the ls6 cam will be more streetable and alot more emissions complient.Installs very from shop to shop.You may be able to find someone local to do the work.Check out some of the regional forums and see if there is anyone close to you that can and has installed a heads cam package before.They will be cheaper.Be careful though.Oh and the hot cam will have a very choppy idle but it will put out more power than the ls6.I would do a custom grind myself.218/218 550/550 114 sounds good to me and it will pass emissions.