Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Cam Install

Okay, first of all. This thing is so beautiful. I am so happy to finally get a cam in here, and it's a torquer 2 form TSP with a 113lsa. On first start-up, it idled up and didn't even struggle, then on second fire, it had to try to idle. And let it run for about twenty minutes.Now i am overheating, and i have a 160 thermo. DOn't know why, and can't seem to figure it out. Popped the radiator cap and coolant was same temperature as outside air in radiator, so no flow!!! Pulled the thermo thinking maybe leftover gasket got stuck in it, nope!!! Not it. Any ideas, and how long shoudl i let this thing idle in driveway before i test drive?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Most likely air trapped in the system. One thing I have done in the past is jack up the front of the car where the filler cap is considerably higher than the rest of the system while you fill it, that way the air will not get trapped in the block. Might be worth a try.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Mine did the samething after a cam swap...i just started driving it around close to home before it started getting to hot and everthing worked out fine.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I just reved it and kept the cap off and let out all the air out that way. Dont forget to keep the heater on full blast.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when I was at epp, i talked to them about the same problem, they said it was very common and when they build and install motors they drive the car around with a jug of water and wait for the car to spue and then top it off. your not alone, but I did have some luck jacking the front of the car up in the air.