Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone In South Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone In South Orange County

Anybody in South OC who can help me with something. I want to do the heater hose mod on my 99 Z but I'm a total newbie when it comes to suspension work. Can anyone meet up with me and have this done? What would be a fair price for this?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

It really shouldn't take much time at all... If you have a floor-jack, a couple jack-stands and wrenches/sockets, you can do it. You will only need to uncouple the lower shock from the rear-end (two nuts, one on each side) to get the job done. I'm not sure what size heater hose fits best over the stock coils (possibly 1/2" or 5/8"?) but that's about all you'll need. Just discard the stock rubber isolator on the top of the spring, and slide some hose over the top coil - Probably enough to go 360° or the entire top coil? I haven't performed this mod myself, but you should be able to do it under an hour, and that includes the time to get the car up on the stands and have a beer or two as well.

If you don't feel up to it, I think there are some performance shops on Via Fabricante Rd. in Mission Viejo that could probably do it. I just can't remember the name of the place I was thinking of. If I do, I'll post another reply.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jb442

If you don't feel up to it, I think there are some performance shops on Via Fabricante Rd. in Mission Viejo that could probably do it. I just can't remember the name of the place I was thinking of. If I do, I'll post another reply.
JB... I believe the shop you're referring to is GRC Performance. I had them install my weld-on SFC's and they did a fine job.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Yeah, that's the place! I just added them to my bookmarks. I just noticed that they have a 1200 HP chassis dyno... That just might come in handy one day.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Teching In

whats the heater hose mod?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

no...

Quick Reply: Anyone In South Orange County