Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 '91 240sx Hatch vs. LS1 '90 RX7

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 '91 240sx Hatch vs. LS1 '90 RX7

Well... being stuck inside has forced me to go crazy and think of crazy ideas. I am almost done w/ my LS1 FC Swap. After towing the car around the past few months, i have found proper storage for it. I will be finishing it up ASAP.

In the mean time, I picked up a daily driver S13 Hatch. I previously owned an SR20 '91 Coupe and a Stock '91 Coupe. For some reason I feel compelled to keep this hatch and sell the FC when completed. Was thinking about building a 6.0 L92/L67 combo in my spare time. and then eventually putting that in.

Would I be crazy to do this? I have heard over and over again that the FC is a better car. In fact, I have told people on this forum that the FC swap would be better for them. But for some reason I keep finding myself looking up 240's. I loved both my modified and stock coupes, but always wanted a hatch (and now that I have it... i don't know if i can keep it as a daily).

Either car would be a fair weather aggressive driver and drag strip driver. Anyone have experience w/ both FC's and S13's? I know Owen currently owns both. Well, anyone who has time and knowledge, please give me some advice about my options?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

i owned a fc with a small chevy in it and it was a blast to drive. mine was set up for the track to the street manners of it werent that great. but go with what you want to go with. i mean, if you are gonna build up a l92 then you surely have money to invest in the structure of the vehicle, making it more rigid, coil over setup. etc.... but dont worry about what everyone else says, its your money, your car, do what you want to do
Old 01-17-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

240 is the hotness. You'll love it. There's a vast array of parts you can get, new or used, and they're cheap. I call my 240 a poor man's junk/sports car. Not necessarily is it junk, but you know what I mean. Can't go wrong with a 240
Old 01-17-2007, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

I would guess that your ls1 fc project just isn't new and exciting like the thought of doing an lsx 240, you could always do the ls1 swap in both and then decide. There are a lot more parts for a 240 since its become the new civic.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

68birdls1 - thanks for the advice on doing what i want to do. i think alot of people forget about this when doing projects. the only reason why i ask, is because some make it seem like a S13 would be a downgrade from a FC.

mmdb - thanks for the info on parts availability. this is my third 240 (first two were coupes and this one is a hatch, as i stated before) and the one thing i loved about it was the availability of parts. so many parts found on other Nissans from here or overseas can be used, as well as, the many many aftermarket parts.

jus asking if someone has experience with driving both cars hard and how the cars felt when putting out alot of power. about 2 years ago, i was planning on LSx swapping my previous coupe, but decided against it since i could not find any documentation on completed swaps. i sold it and picked up an FC about 8months ago. after having some problems w/ storage and work space, i am finally almost have it road worthy. but now it seems like there is a lot more documentation on 240 swaps and i think i might want to go that route again.

Originally Posted by SMonty
I would guess that your ls1 fc project just isn't new and exciting like the thought of doing an lsx 240, you could always do the ls1 swap in both and then decide. There are a lot more parts for a 240 since its become the new civic.
true, about the new and exciting. you always want what you cant have. the grass is always greener on the otherside. and so on. also, true about it being the new civic. thats another reason why i wanted to get out of 240's. but for some reason i feel like i should get back in.

Last edited by OJmobileII; 01-17-2007 at 11:49 PM. Reason: addition due to new reply
Old 01-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Teching In

240 ftw
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

i beleive smonty hit the nail on the head. the 240 ls1 hype has just got hot. give it a year or so and itll be no different that the fc or fd crowd. personally if i was to do it again id love an fc with full aero and stupid wide 18x12 -20 ish wheels xD

Quick Reply: LS1 '91 240sx Hatch vs. LS1 '90 RX7