Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 L fuel pump specs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5.3 L fuel pump specs?

I am putting a 5.3 Liter engine with a 4l60E in my 69 camaro. Would the same fuel pump scenarios for the LS1 work on my 5.3? Does anyone know what specs I need in a fuel pump? Also has anyone changed the intake to the LS1 intake on a 5.3? If so what is required to change? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:39 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The fuel pump specs are the same for the 5.3L. I used a 99 f-body fuel pump for my swap, and it feeds my 5.3L great, plus its nice and quiet since it is a factory pump. You need 60psi worth of pressure, but I am not sure how many liters per hour are needed.

As far as swapping the intake it is a fairly common swap. There are more detailed threads about it on performancetrucks.net in the GM section /\ /\ see tabs at the top of this page for a link to that forum. You will need to use the f-body fuel rail, the idler pulley will be in the way of the throttle body so you need to relocate it, the outlet of the waterpump will hit the throttle body so you need to re-route it. That is all stuff that I have heard about the swap, but there is probably more that needs to be addressed, if you do a search on this forum or perf trucks you should be able to find many threads devoted to the subject.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Teching In

I got my fuel pump from tanks.inc. Great kit if your moding your own tank. Here are some pics of my 5.3 with a Camaro intake.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Nice front clip Kdawg! I have a 67 chevy II done very similar with a LT1. Who did you get the pulley kit from? Also, I have researched the pump and have found what is needed on tanks, inc., but what did you do for a sender for the gas gauge? Not finding much on the fuel pump sites.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

have'nt put in the fuel guage sender yet but I will just cut a hole next to the pump and install one that came with my gauges. The serpentine system came from S&P. They are some super great people to do business with.

Quick Reply: 5.3 L fuel pump specs?