Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

My Boss got paid to drive a TA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Boss got paid to drive a TA

Well my team was driving back home after a meeting and presentation with the NASA engineers this past week. I was chatting with the Director of our research program and he was telling me that a buddy of his in the 80s got paid to drive a Trans Am. The reason Pontiac was paying an Aerospace/Mechanical engineer to drive such a car???

To see if the front liscence plate had any impact on the performance of the vehicle, can you believe it. Well his findings were conclusive, No it didnt affect performance. That is awesome huh.

Oh yea I saw a white Chevy 1500 driving around Webster,Texas or Clear Lake,Texas...... I dont remember with an LS1tech.com bumper sticker, I was like hey thats cool
Old 01-20-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find that hard to believe, especially an 80's one. Anyway the slight affect it does have (because I will always think it has a minimal affect) doesn't matter to people, what matters is how a big license plate looks on the front of one of these sleek cars.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the 3rd Gen Trans Am was touted to be the most aerodynamic car of its time, even moreso than the vette. So I would say its possible for Pontiac to do something like that to keep that "driving excitement!"
Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87formy
I find that hard to believe, especially an 80's one. Anyway the slight affect it does have (because I will always think it has a minimal affect) doesn't matter to people, what matters is how a big license plate looks on the front of one of these sleek cars.
Any particular reason why your writing in white?...it's pretty much a PITA to read.