Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 Escalade motor in my 59 impala have ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Escalade motor in my 59 impala have ?s

I am buying a new escalade motor to put in my 59, I plan on changing the oil pan to the shorter style, and would like to use one of the bbk intakes mainly cause I want to get it chrome plated, is there a year I should stay away from and will these parts bolt on with any probs, I have access to almost any part I will need just need to know if there is any major issues I will run into. Thanks for any help. Yes im a newb.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 59ImpalaRider
I am buying a new escalade motor to put in my 59, I plan on changing the oil pan to the shorter style, and would like to use one of the bbk intakes mainly cause I want to get it chrome plated, is there a year I should stay away from and will these parts bolt on with any probs, I have access to almost any part I will need just need to know if there is any major issues I will run into. Thanks for any help. Yes im a newb.
ImpalaRider,

Welcome to the forum! I love to see these great motors in the vintage 50s rides. First suggestion I have for you is to read through the Sticky threads at the top of the forum. Many many questions asked and answered there. Also check out the project pages at Street and Performance (www.hotrodlane.cc). I believe they have a Chevy project from similar vintage as yours that will give you ideas. As for the Escalade motors, I will defer to others on that one, not sure on the PCM compatibility. Another great resource for wiring and pcms is John at Speartech.com. He can help make your swap plug and play. I hope you will find someplace to do an online journal and keep us posted on your progress. We really like pictures!

Pat
Old 01-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
ImpalaRider,

Welcome to the forum! I love to see these great motors in the vintage 50s rides. First suggestion I have for you is to read through the Sticky threads at the top of the forum. Many many questions asked and answered there. Also check out the project pages at Street and Performance (www.hotrodlane.cc). I believe they have a Chevy project from similar vintage as yours that will give you ideas. As for the Escalade motors, I will defer to others on that one, not sure on the PCM compatibility. Another great resource for wiring and pcms is John at Speartech.com. He can help make your swap plug and play. I hope you will find someplace to do an online journal and keep us posted on your progress. We really like pictures!

Pat
Thanks for the help read through the stickys must have missed what I was looking for, ill look again.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Anybody else?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well in order to put the car style manifold on you will have to make some changes. You can either convert to car accys and brackets or you have to move the idler pulley by the alt and change the output of the water pump. The output of the truck water pump will hit the TB.

As far as what to stay away from, the 99-00 6.0L truck motors have iron heads that do not flow as well.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G-Body
Well in order to put the car style manifold on you will have to make some changes. You can either convert to car accys and brackets or you have to move the idler pulley by the alt and change the output of the water pump. The output of the truck water pump will hit the TB.

As far as what to stay away from, the 99-00 6.0L truck motors have iron heads that do not flow as well.
Cool I did plan on changing all the brakets to ls1 brackets, the motor im looking at is a 04.

Quick Reply: 6.0 Escalade motor in my 59 impala have ?s