PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made a skin for the gauges in VCM Scanner..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Made a skin for the gauges in VCM Scanner..

I got bored and made a skin to match the red gauges in my GTO & figured I'd post it up....
Attached Thumbnails Made a skin for the gauges in VCM Scanner..-gauge_skin.jpg  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

sweet......how did you do that? i'm a noob...also is it something you could like email me or soemthing and i cna use it as well??
Old 01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00288099LwgQcx

Click on that link, then click on the green arrow pointing down to download it.

*Save that image to your VCM Suite 2 Folder.

Now Open VCM Scanner.

Click on the blue gauge icon in the upper left hand corner to bring up the gauge display.

Right-click anywhere on the gauge display, then go to "Display Settings" then click on "Configure"

You should see a window like this:

Click on the file name to the right of where it says "Image:".

It will pop up a window, now you need to navigate to the VCM Folder and find the file you downloaded earlier. Now click on it once and then click on "Open".

The window will close and now it should show "VCM_Scn_Skn.jpg" next to "Image:".

Now lick on the little blue icon that looks like a floppy disk. It it shown here:

Now close the display settings.

You are almost done...

The top of the image I made got cut off, so you need to extend each gauge to cover the parts that look off a little...you will know what I mean once you see it. On the bottom of each bar or gauge, there is a smidgen of white or black that isnt supposed to be there....cover it up with the gauges by making them bigger, or alternatively, you can just move them down a little, as the gauges do fit perfectly into the cutouts. OR You can leave it alone if you like...it still looks cool anyways...just gives a little more 3D effect if you dont mess with anything else...

If you have any questions I'll be up all night lol like normal...

Last edited by stone4779; 01-21-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

thanks dude, thats awsome
Old 01-21-2007, 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

No problem man!

BTW I forgot to mention you have to change the gauge face/text/needle/etc colors to your liking.

I'd also like to add that I can do other colors/designs if anyone wants to put in some requests...I can change the design of the background, just not the FACES of the gauges themselves..but I am working on that....once I find time I'll see if I can figure it out...

So if you want like flaming gauges or melting gauges or something let me know I may get bored and do it...I just need a basic ida of what you want and I'll make something..