Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be a tuning problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could this be a tuning problem?

Heres the deal, I bought a used Yank 3500SY off a member off of this site, and i didnt take it to get check and cleaned out n all that good stuff i just installed it. When we put it on the tranny, we turned it and pushed it in till it popped 3 times, but stayed loose and there was a good size gap between the stall and the tranny. So we did the smart thing and went ahead and bolted the tranny up anyway. Now when im driving regular it shifts fine, but when i go to dog it. it neutrals at about 3800rpm in what ever gear its in. One tranny shop told me i had a converter off a different tranny, and another one told me my converter was messed up. I changed the fluid and the filter n it seemed like it shifted, but then immediately went back to running like crap. Now people are telling me it could be that my car needs to be tuned. What do you guys think? Thanks D
One more thing i forgot to add, my car was converted from m6 to a4 n still has the m6 pcm but was tuned to work w/ my a4. It was running fine w/ my stock stall....