Default cant find noise location

this is a little involved. So I have done so major changes to the car:
1. new motor- iron block
2. tubular k member
3. new tranny mount
3. new k member
4. all poly mounts but the one on the transmission
5. ls2/7 cluthc combo

now the problem is that I am having a noise that is coming frm the transmission area when you load the motor while releasing the clutch. It sounds and feels like someone is hitting the floor pan with a hammer. I have clearance for the exhaust. the only conclusion that I can come to is that the rubber mount on the transmission needs to be changed to a poly mount to get rid of the noise or some how I am banging the headers on the floor pan as the clutch releases and loads the motor. I have two different places check for what is going on and can find nothing. All bolts are tight, the motor does not move, the transmission does not move as I have the cover over the shifter off and see no movement. When you stand outside of the car you cannot hear it and it cannot be reproduced on a lift. The car has to be on the ground and rolling at in town speeds. Now, if you are driving the car hard there is no noise. Any thoughts?

Last edited by pushinfreight; 01-22-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if you have a rubber mount you should've already went to a poly anyway since it's only 25 bucks. It was like night and day in my car. Do that real quick and see if it makes any changes, either way, it should be done.

Jim