General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

International shipping questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default International shipping questions...

I have some parts I am thinking about shipping to a buyer in Australia, if we can find a good carrier. The parts in total weigh about 70lbs and the box is 12x12x20 UPS wants at minimum $513 to ship it, USPS will do it for $420... both of them only seem to offer air though, for shipping times such as 1-3 days or 4-5 days...
I am fine with it taking 20 days in transit, I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, how else do you want it to get there? they cant drive it to austrailia. The big brown truck can do Daytona but it cant drive to Austrailia. and im sure UPS dosent deal with ship companies because they tend to only ship **** that is in containers. you either fly it there via UPS or FedEx or find a 53 foot container to put it on a cargo ship.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, *******. I was seeing an alternate route, because I don't need it that expedited. Amazon uses some company that takes upto 22 days to ship to australia, that is fine, i don't care if it goes ship cargo but the only places i found wanted you to ship complete containers.

Maybe someone else had some USEFUL input, but obviously you felt the need to just waste my time with a dumbass reply that wasn't necessary at all.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by craparo
Thanks for the reply, *******. I was seeing an alternate route, because I don't need it that expedited. Amazon uses some company that takes upto 22 days to ship to australia, that is fine, i don't care if it goes ship cargo but the only places i found wanted you to ship complete containers.

Maybe someone else had some USEFUL input, but obviously you felt the need to just waste my time with a dumbass reply that wasn't necessary at all.
it was obviously neccessary because it got you to clarify your needs. now, that we have that out of the way, why dont you go to your local UPS or FedEx office and inquire in person about a cheaper alternative. most of the time, UPS and whatnot take advantage of peoples laziness and wont give the full facts about certain things. if you go to the store you have a good chance to talk to someone who is not all about maximum profit for the company and is willing to work with you.