Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Advance

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spark Advance

I've got a 2000 LS1 Camaro M6 and my cam is a 226/230 112 with 4 degrees advanced ground in and I was wondering if I should raise or lower the timing at idle. How much of an effect does the 4 degrees in the cam have with setting spark at idle?-raise/lower? Right now it's at 22 degrees and I've heard that 22 is good but I also heard that it should be between 26-28. The other question is that I have the park and drive spark tables somewhat the same, now should i put the high and low octane table values close to the park and drive table values? Won't the car run smoother doing that? All I have is LS1 Edit, i'm not lucky enough to have hptuners or efi live,yet. Any advise?
-Mike
Old 01-27-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car uses the the high octane/low octane table when your driving around. The park and drive tables are your base spark tables used for idle and off throttle timing. I think any TP% less than 2% reverts the PCM to those tables. To make things easier, whatever I put in the drive table I put in the park table. It might also be a good idea to mimic what's in the high octane in the drive table. Remember though, the drive/park tables have different intervals at the lower RPMs (jump 400 RPM at a time instead of 200).

Quick Reply: Spark Advance