Thumbs up best s14 conversion I have ever seen

http://www.the-top.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174

dunno you might to register.
Attached Thumbnails best s14 conversion I have ever seen-17012007105.jpg  
Old 01-27-2007, 03:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only rason that car rocks is cause it has my tranny in it

seriously guys you have to see how clean the instalation come out !

you should also see the smile on the owner's face !
Old 01-27-2007, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn I want to see it, but I dont have time to register
Old 01-28-2007, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yes, it's fairly clean, but I guess my definition is different. The bay is all cluttered...battery, fuse box, computer are all still there.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

saw this on another forum. honestly it looks like ****. worse than the f body bay. my swap or even nichols is ALOT cleaner than that.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

Is the ECU always exposed like that in the oem camaro ss? Just curious because I got mine and it looked weathered. Anyway, that swap is a little questionable. The frame rails on the 240, where he mounted the tranny mount, isn't the strongest piece. Mines been bent just raising the car a bit - very fragile.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
8 Second Club

in clean i mean factory loocking . i can understand hiding everything, but this thing can pass as a factory car easily if you didn't know much about the car.

as for the tranny crossmember, thats how it came with the hinson conversion kit.
i wouldn't be worried about the strength of the crossmember mounting , since what i used on my mustang was basically old home A/C ducting scraps sheetmetal screwed to the floor ( it's ghetto i know , but it goes with the whole theme of my stang - which you can see on that site too - and that setup holds up just fine with 28 inch slicks , n20 and a th-400.)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

factory my *** its got aftermarket fuel lines everywhere wiring thats terribly placed. the ecu is neatly mounted but still ugly. stock car wouldnt expose the ecu nearly that much, esspecially that close to the motor. that swap = fail

mmdb, yes they are in the engine bay behind the passenger strut tower. you can route it into the s chassis to the floor board if you route it through the ac core holes or the original harness holes. im using 2 of the 3 holes on the firewall and tucking evrything.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not trying to be an *******, it is a decent swap. Still very cluttered and somewhat dirty. I am very meticulous when it comes to my engines bays. Here are my last 2, both S13's:

Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't please them all. looks good to me man. as long as you guys are happy with it, congrats!

the car runs and drives = A+
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by datboibrad
factory my *** its got aftermarket fuel lines everywhere wiring thats terribly placed. the ecu is neatly mounted but still ugly. stock car wouldnt expose the ecu nearly that much, esspecially that close to the motor. that swap = fail

mmdb, yes they are in the engine bay behind the passenger strut tower. you can route it into the s chassis to the floor board if you route it through the ac core holes or the original harness holes. im using 2 of the 3 holes on the firewall and tucking evrything.
Thanks for the info I'm glad to know when I'm wiring up my 240. Did you have to extend any of the wires? The harness wires seem a bit short.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mmdb
Thanks for the info I'm glad to know when I'm wiring up my 240. Did you have to extend any of the wires? The harness wires seem a bit short.
havent extended a damn wire on the ls1 harness. i have the female plugs for everything tho so ill extend those to my fuses and relays mounted in the air bag
Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats what i did. for the 5 plugs off the pcm, i just cut the matches to them off the donor car. then put the pcm under the dash.

btw: just my 2 cents but if slo was to hide hes pcm under the dash hes swap would be perfect. the cleanest i have seen. i cant even see the throttle cable. wait a miniute, does that car run?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fouz65
thats what i did. for the 5 plugs off the pcm, i just cut the matches to them off the donor car. then put the pcm under the dash.

btw: just my 2 cents but if slo was to hide hes pcm under the dash hes swap would be perfect. the cleanest i have seen. i cant even see the throttle cable. wait a miniute, does that car run?
PCM is already under the dash and has been ever since I rebuilt the motor The throttle cable is hidden under the cover, everything is nicely tucked and tied out the way. I'll take more recent pics for ya.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
PCM is already under the dash and has been ever since I rebuilt the motor The throttle cable is hidden under the cover, everything is nicely tucked and tied out the way. I'll take more recent pics for ya.
im trying my best to hang with that engine bay but i dont know if ill go as far as to paint it to the extent you did lol. but as far as wire tuck i think i have you beat.

now that your engine bay is baller, how about that outside
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by datboibrad
im trying my best to hang with that engine bay but i dont know if ill go as far as to paint it to the extent you did lol. but as far as wire tuck i think i have you beat.

now that your engine bay is baller, how about that outside

Now that my PCM in under the dash, we are VERY close.

Dont worry about my outside, Its getting a full backhalf and will be done by Spring including full paint. I'll be ready for mag coverage.

M/T ET Streets - 325/50R15

I want a clean, sleeper stock looking body with 325's sitting under the rear. You cant beat that look with crazy body kits and 18" dish wheels
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
I want a clean, sleeper stock looking body with 325's sitting under the rear. You cant beat that look with crazy body kits and 18" dish wheels
hmmm, plaything the opposite side of the fence i see hehe. we shall see who is the true baller!!!! lol

i wish i was that fast
Old 02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
9 Second Club

any videos of the car running?

Quick Reply: best s14 conversion I have ever seen