Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Harness done..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Got my Harness done..

I finished my Harness the other day. I am making a direct Plug in Harness for a LSX Motor to directly go into my LT1 Car. I got all the wires traced out to go where they should go. I gutted the junk stuff out of the Harness(A/C, A.I.R., EGR, Cruise Control, Rear O2's, couple of other things) and got it down to the basics.
I traced the Data Connector wires so that I can tune it in the right places. 3 of the 4 wires there were already in place, and the 4th one that is not used by the LT1, which is used by the LS1, was in from the factory. I got this hooked up so I can tune it. Then I got the Starter wire to go in the right spot, and a few other wires moved around and hooked up. The LS1 Harness had a connection on the Wheel Well Plugs that had to be grounded, and the LT1 Car doesn't have this, so I made a Chassis ground out of one of the AC Signal wires that I am not using any more, and got that to plug in in the right spot.
I got it all to line up, it was not that hard to do, everything was right there. The only thing that I had extra was 2 wires on the LS1 Harness, one was for the Transmission(15A Fuse), and the other was for the MAF & O2's(20A Fuse). They are hot wires coming from the Fuse/Relay Box. I found an un-used Fuse circuit on the LT1 Car for this setup, and I am using that. I spliced both of them wires together, and I am dropping a 20A Fuse in that Circuit. Then I am putting an 15A Inline Fuse on the one that takes a 15A. I figure that should work. I also have to change a few Fuses in the Relay box cause they are a little higher in the LS1.
This is probably the hardest part, so once I get the Motor built, I will check it out and it should start. Everything is where it should be. If it works, I am going to do a write up on it. If anyone has any help or something that I need to do, feel free to chime in..

Last edited by the_merv; 01-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.