Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

meth kits, progressive or not, which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default meth kits, progressive or not, which is better?

Im pretty close to buying my meth injection kit but I was wondering if im better with a progressive kit that adjusts flow based on boost pressure or am I better with one that just turns on and off. are the progressive ones harder to tune? how consistant is the flow on the progressive kits. for example at 14 psi am I going to get the same amount of meth every time im at that boost pressure?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When your talking higher boost numbers, the progressive kit is nice as it allows you to dial in your peak flow, without being stuch with that same flow for low boost conditions.

Basically the progressive kits allow you to dial in the flow no matter what psi. You wont have too much at lower boost levels after dialing in perfect flow for your peak boost.

If you dont plan to run much more than 6psi get a basic on-off kit. Anything more and you'll appreciate the progressive kit.

If they were to deliver an inconsistent amount of flow per psi, someone would have figured it out and we would have all heard about it by now. From what Ive seen and heard they are consistent.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Progressive kits are the best.

And I like the Alkycontrol kit, great quality and service is second to none!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i talked with julio once from alky control and he pretty much sold me his product just from the half hour he took on the phone to answer questions that I had about meth injection and about my engine buildup, seems like a real standup guy!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

if your car is as fast as your screen name says I would hope your car feels fast!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also reccomend the progressive kit. It isn't really that hard to dail in (especially to a tuner that knows what he is doing)

Alky-Control makes a good kit. I ended up going with a Snow Performance kit personally just because it has a safe cutoff that bleeds off the boost if for any reason it doesn't spray the amount it's supposed to. Either company is reputable, and good to buy from.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if snows 'SafeInjection' is adaptable to the AlkyControl kit?
Ive got a progressive AlkyControl kit sitting in the garage... Adding a safety feature like that would be nice..