Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have a problem

I have a problem with my car. I bought a bunch of parts and had a reputable shop install it. The parts: heads assembled with dual springs, big cam, lifters, pushrods, timing chain and oil pump, torque converter, long tubes, catted Y, corsa catback. The problem with my car is that on the driver side when the car warms up it has a loud ticking noise , so loud that with the windows up it is louder than my exhaust. They have not examined it yet, I was just wandering what the problem could be.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your going to have to give more information..! You are going to get more question that answer on your thread..

Is the ticking noise of a metal sound (rocker, valve, piston,etc) or exhaust sounding (header loose or clamps not tight)? area that the noise is coming from..

What about the shop that installed all of the part.. what have they found ?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like the post above stated: too many variables for a definitive answer. Get it back to the shop and have them fix it.

My guess would be an exhaust leak. Easier to fix that than a lifter issue
Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

yea even the slightest header leak where they meet the heads is awful and can be a very loud ticking
Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

It is not an exhaust leak, the best I can imagine is that a spring broke but then it would make the noise all the time not when it gets warm. The car is at the shop now, they should let me know in the next couple of days, I just wanted to what everyone else thought. I hope it is not a lifter that did not pump up.