Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

57 Belair LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 57 Belair LS1

Hi guys....just a couple pics to update the progress of my conversion..!!!
Attached Thumbnails 57 Belair LS1-tn_ls1-becool-k-n.jpg   57 Belair LS1-tn_ls1-top.jpg   57 Belair LS1-tn_tubbs-wagon-bumper.jpg   57 Belair LS1-tn_steering-.jpg  
Old 02-03-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like a cool ride. Do you have any close up pics of the engine?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Yup, I'd like to see bigger pics too.

Any particular reason you chose to have the inlet and outlet on opposite sides of the radiator? Looks like trying to get around the air intake to the one on the driver's side is going to be interesting....can't tell though how much clearance you have.

Keep up the good work. Do you think you'll have it ready for Woodward Dream Cruise this year? I hope to have mine there but everything is going to have to come together just right for me to make it. What are the chances?

LS engines in tri-fives are a great update. What tranny RU using?

Last edited by Wardrum; 02-03-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

I'm using the standard Becool rad setup for trifives.......they put the in and out on opposite sides! There actually is enough room on the driver side for both, I have had it running and all works well. You may have noticed that I decided to use a manual fan setup....hate those electric ones...lol. I am planning to be on Woodward this year, but there is much to do.....the paint job is the biggest task left. How far along are you..??

DK
Old 02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I noticed the manual fan....was surprised to see it actually. I've looked at a lot of LS engine installations and I don't recall seeing one before but, if it works, that's what is important.

As far as mine goes, the engine/trans is finished and mounted in my Morrison chassis (check the 55-57 thread for pics) and waiting for the driveshaft. Body shop is currently installing the doors, fenders, hood, etc. for final panel fit before paint. I should have the custom dry sump oil tank for the LS7 in 2 weeks so we can finalize plumbing for that, then disassemble everything again for final prep and paint, then reassemble everything again, then interior. Like you said, "there is much to do".
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Lookin good .

David

Quick Reply: 57 Belair LS1