Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Does anyone have a tape measure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anyone have a tape measure?

I need to know the width between the tires - inside width from left to right, or outside width of the tires, whatever. I just finished puting the lumber on my trailer for my 2001 SS, and I have two 2" x 12" by 16' boards that raise (hopefully) the car up enough to clear the door from the trailer's wheel covers. My Camaro is at LG Motorsports in Dallas. I am driving there next Saturday to pick it up. I need the width so I can fasten the 2 x 12's down for the 330 mile trip. If you have a tape measure and an F-Body in your driveway, I would really like your help.

I am running 275's on it, so it is going to be close for the tires to be properly centered on the 2 x 12's.
I looked the width up online, and it said the width is 74.1 inches, but i don't know if that is overall, or wheel to wheel.

Work that is being done on her (my Camaro's name is Jessica, yes my girlfriend is jealous) includes BMR lower control arms, front and rear sway bars and shock tower brace. A Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears, a Textralia OZ700 Series Clutch, AFR 205 heads, G5x3 cam, FAST LSX Intake Manifold, G2 90mm Throttle Body, and ASP underdrive pulleys. I think that's it. I already have true duals, SLP long tube headers, MTI cold air intake, Corbeau seats, 160 degree thermastat, SLP line lock kit, and an empty bank account.

I have pics on my MySpace page at
http://www.myspace.com/kidreno_21
Just scroll down for the slide show.

Thanks for your help. And if anyone needs or knows anyone that needs a stock 3.42 rear end, let me know, I have one for sale in Louisianna. $400ish

Brent
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 315/35/17's and just went and measured 49 1/2" from inside wheel to inside wheel. Might just be a little more for 275/40/17.