Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

t bolt sizes for sts

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t bolt sizes for sts

I have been looking around for what all size tbolts I need for the sts kit and I cant find it anywhere. The car isnt here or I would measure it.

Would be appreciated if someone could help me out.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Two 2", eight 2.25", four 3.5", three 2.5", one 4".
two more 3" if you want to do the pipe with the filter
Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks a bunch.. Can you guys send me a price if I wanted to buy these from you.. Also I assume your intercoolers come with them?

Right now im having issues with the sts kit and my front sway bar. Also the pipe likes to hit the ground.. It has hit under hard braking before.. I have heard that the intercooler gives more clearance is this right..

Also wondering if you guys have anything to go under the rear axle.

thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I sell stainless t-bolt clamps for $3.00 each.
The intercooler kit does come with all t-bolt clamps.
What kind of issues are you having with the sway bar?
Where are you hitting under hard braking?
Normally, I dont sell the under axle set up we do. Too many variations on how the turbo is mounted. I usually just do it on the cars we do in house.
With the intercooler kit you do get a little more clearance, but not under the K member; that is the same.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

When I put the turbo kit on the sway bar was off. Now when I try and put it back on the pipe is too far back and in the way of the sway bar. The larger part of the pipe thats connects to the MAF is too far back for the sway bar. Kinda hard to describe..
Maybe if I i try and pull the subframe pipe up more and then dont but the BOV pipe up to it as much. ie.. Have a gap in the coupling it will work. I dont like to have gaps in the couplings tho.. Like all the pipes to be touching.

The bottom of the pipe that has the BOV on it hits the ground under hard braking. Under the k member is fine. Its where the pipe bends at the very end.

Maybe when I come to get the car tuned I can see if the under the axle setup will work for me.

thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you're talking about. If you don't have the FMIC, you can shorten the "final" charge pipe that goes under the K-member and connects to the front control arm. It will require cutting, fabbing it up and then welding it back together. When I got mine, the stupid bracket was in the wrong spot, so I cut it off and re-welded it to where it would fit.
Plus, I said screw the standard STS coupler and bought a hump coupler to attach pipe 4 (long pipe up driver's side) to pipe 5 because there is a small gap there. Plus, those stupid hose clamps suck, I bought the t-bolts to secure this thing up...it's going to need it. Everything else should be pretty secure though.