Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a tool to put on an ASP pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who makes a tool to put on an ASP pulley?

Didn't somebody make them on here and sell them for like $30? I've heard too many horror stories from using a long crank bolt.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
On the tree

What kind of horror stories?

I put mine on just fine, BUT I also went to a bolt dealer and bought a bolt that was about a inch or so longer than the factory bolt and used washers to make sure I got the new bolt threaded in far enough to pull the pulley on without tearing the threads out.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6
What kind of horror stories?

I put mine on just fine, BUT I also went to a bolt dealer and bought a bolt that was about a inch or so longer than the factory bolt and used washers to make sure I got the new bolt threaded in far enough to pull the pulley on without tearing the threads out.
Stripping threads on the crank, bolt getting stuck.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whether people think it's the right way or not, I've still had the best luck by heating the inside of the pulley a little with a propane torch.....it slides ~3/4 the way on by hand, then use the old stock bolt to get the last 1/4. Done it this way twice now, pulley and crank threads are just fine.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM
14 Second Truck Club

When I put my stock pulley back on, I put it in the oven at ~250* and pushed it and it popped right on. I'm tempted to do this with the ASP pulley, it's gonna be hard with the motor in the truck. I'm tempted to try it this way and get it on at least half-way and finish it with the crank bolt. Since the ASP pulley is solid and it can't be held by a pry bar, how do ya'll stop the engine from spinning?