DFW: Need car appraised.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DFW: Need car appraised.

I am going through some issues with the insurance company of the guy who hit me and i need to get someone to "appraise" my car.

Does anyone know someone who appraises cars...i had a show condition 98 Silver Formula Hardtop with tons of money in it and i need to get a professional to give a price that the car would have been worth...they are offering me 8k or 6k and i keep the car. I have over 6k in just the wheels and stereo alone. And my amp and two crozzovers are pinched in the t-top area and i can't get them out without cutting the back of the car off...plus they are all mangled now too and probably no good.(i know i am not getting 100% of my investment back, but come on...8k)

Anywho, let me know if you know someone in that field...i'm not looking for a hookup or someone to lie about it, i just want a professional to judge a fair price for the car. (i'm thinking 16k, it was h/c, all bolt ons, custom duals over the axle, bogarts, corbeaus, 6 point weld in wolfe powder coated silver, fresh viper rebuild trans and much more) Paint was perfect.

I'm sure i will get asked for these anyhow, so here are a few.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:52 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it rolled your wheel well and everything. If you want to come out with a higher appraisal...think dealership people.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that **** is totalled , if they dont give in to your higher appraisal of the car...get a lawyer

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Looks like it rolled your wheel well and everything. If you want to come out with a higher appraisal...think dealership people.
ya no **** a dealer would be making like 15-16 maybe more on that car
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

if it didnt come on the veh and you didnt issue recieipts and photos to your local agent when the mods were made, then its not covered. i work for allstate
Old 02-16-2007, 01:57 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it doesnt look like it hurt mods. The body wasn't modified. Looks like body panels are all that got messed up. Unless you are saying that doing a cage as a safety feature neglects coverage.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

It isn't my insurance company that is paying, i was stopped at a red light and i got hit from behind by another guy who admitted fault, it's not like he could blame it on anything else....i was the only guy at the light and in the middle lane...i wish he would have swerved around me or something. I wanted to cry so hard...oh yeah...i had a 3 inch laceration on the back of my head b/c the freakin Corbeau slider failed and my seat was ripped out of the slider and i hit my head on the roll bar. I produced just under 19k in receipts for the parts on the car and i paid 8500 for it about 18 months before it was hit. I have a lawyer working on it already...got him on day one.

I had an offer for 18k about 2 weeks before this happened, tried to tell the ins company 12k plus the car back and they turned it down...those fools. Then i was keeping my eyes open for other silver hardtop formula 6speed cars and i found 2 and they wouldn't buy them. Mine was definately much cleaner and in better shape than those also. Found out thursday that the other guys insurance company was trying to find a car to replace mine since that i what i told them i wanted....i was so mad, i freakin found 2 for them and they said no. Anywho, i think we are going to court over it now.

So should i go to a dealership and ask them if they can have someone go look at my car and see what they would value it at if it wasn't wrecked?

Also, thanks for trying the help me out.