Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stiff clutch pedal, bad master?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Stiff clutch pedal, bad master?

Hey guys I just had a new clutch and slave installed in my car. Before the clutch went the pedal has started getting real stiff. Then when I got my car back the first few times I drove it the clutch was real light like it should be, but now it has gotten real hard to push again. Like I said a new Spec 2+ clutch and slave cylinder were installed. I have exactly 127 miles on everything now. The last clutch only had only been in the car for less than a year, and at the same time the master, and slave cylinder were both upgraded to the LS6 style. So what I would like to know is if a bad master cylinder could be causing the stiff clutch right now? Thanks guys!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone on here never had a stiff clutch pedal?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

BTT for the tuesday crowd!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Master is not functioning properly (i.e internally bypassing the fluid or if the plunger is not actuating freely) then you can see problems with pedal stiffness as well as potentially the need to replace the slave (which can blow as pressure builds). I suggest replacing the master and going from there. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
If the Master is not functioning properly (i.e internally bypassing the fluid or if the plunger is not actuating freely) then you can see problems with pedal stiffness as well as potentially the need to replace the slave (which can blow as pressure builds). I suggest replacing the master and going from there. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
So you do think that its the master cylinder? Thats kind of what I figured. Thanks for the input man!

Quick Reply: Stiff clutch pedal, bad master?