Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning system for guages???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Warning system for guages???

Not sure if this is right forum...but is there any way I can tie in a warning system to my autometer guages? Something like...if my EGT goes above 1100* F, a warning light will illuminate. Is this possible? I'd figure it would be a similar system to that of your "fuel low" light...but something tells me its not that easy. And info?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Launching!

not without some type of logic processor, if you had a car PC and a small display screen, it would work
Old 02-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This interest me too. I know all the new MSD gauges have warning lights in them like your looking for, but the price is pretty ridiculous right now for them (something like $250 or more for one gauge). I thought I read somewhere in the Appearance & Detailing section of the forums that people were inserting small LED into their gauges as warning lights. I think I remember seeing them say something about you having to have electric gauges for it to work, but I'm not sure. And I don't know how they got them to "trigger". Maybe some kind of resistor or something. Do a search in that section and see what you find.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

i believe nexus gauges will turn the background red once a condition that you determine is met
Old 03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
i believe nexus gauges will turn the background red once a condition that you determine is met
Ya thats all I know of, but you also need to buy the interface to make it work.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

And you know you can't just buy one...they all have to match! And thats a whole lot of money for guages. More than I'm going to spend.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know some of you may hate the idea of doing this, but there are a LOT of gauges out there w/ the Peak/Hold/Warning feature that you are looking for. Granted they are primarily used in the import world, but they are of an extremely high quality and will set off those lights and noises you are looking for. Some will also play back the last 30 seconds of use and can show you the peak temp, boost, pressure, etc that you last achieved. Greddy, HKS, Blitz, and Defi are some of the best. Defi being my personal preference.