Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gut Cat Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gut Cat Question

Would gutting my cats with my already existing QTP CUT OUT make my 01 TA make it louder? or Should i just get high flow cats? Also, anyone know of anyone in Louisiana or East Texas that will cut cats? (My current place wont)
..Thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Teching In

gutting your cats will probably make it a little louder, but not in a good way, get high flows or remove them, when i gutted my cat it made for a real hollow raspy poppy sounding exhaust
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by superdrake06
Would gutting my cats with my already existing QTP CUT OUT make my 01 TA make it louder? or Should i just get high flow cats? Also, anyone know of anyone in Louisiana or East Texas that will cut cats? (My current place wont)
..Thanks
i had high flows when i 1st started my STS combo, but before that when i was N/A running a regular CORSA CB, it was nice, kept it a clean sound and not real raspy.

but i removed the cats altogether after turbo for fear that they would break apart and destroy the turbo
Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Gutting the cats will be a night and day difference from how loud it is now. I had a local guy do it, but you can do it yourself if you've got a long screwdriver/prybar and a way to cut the pipe just below the cats. Then you can just take it to the shop and have them weld it back up for you.