Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CR vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CR vs Turbo

I am going to get a cam and head package and wanted some advice on the cr.I am going to turbo the car later this year,so is it a good trade off to drop the cr a little to be able to run more boost or stay with the stock cr.I am looking for about 475 to 500 rwhp.2002 RA TA WS6 stick.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by totalcomfort
I am going to get a cam and head package and wanted some advice on the cr.I am going to turbo the car later this year,so is it a good trade off to drop the cr a little to be able to run more boost or stay with the stock cr.I am looking for about 475 to 500 rwhp.2002 RA TA WS6 stick.
Use the search. A recent post had a graph of exactly what you're asking. Short version is yes, the HP increase from higher boost outweighs the slight drop in power from a lower CR.

475HP can be had on the stock CR with 5-6PSI and a good tune. The cam will weigh on this too. Wider LSA is better for FI cars (like 113-115 vs the 110-112 that favor NA power). Lots of info in this forum on the topic.

If you KNOW you're adding a turbo later this yearand are gettinig heads/cam now, I'd suggest getting 72cc heads to drop the CR to a more boost friendly 9 to 1. Just my $0.02