Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drill Mod: Removing exhaust tube make it easier?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drill Mod: Removing exhaust tube make it easier?

Just looking further into this drill mod.

Seems really cramped to get my arm and hand in there to take the master cylinder out. There is a tube running into the header. Can I remove this temporarily out of the way so I can get my hands on the master cylinder???

Also, one more question while I think of it....is the u-bolt and master cylinder a 1 peice unit or are they seperate? Basically what I am asking, is can I screw things up and put it back in a differernt way then it came out??? Or is there only one way.

Thx.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

I guess you're talking about the A.I.R. tube, which, yes, you could remove for easier access. I didn't, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

The flange on the MC is angled, so there's really no way you can put it back incorrectly. Unless you get real creative.

Have fun and take your time.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Ya, that's the tube I am talking about "whatever AIR stands for". Seems like it would give me way more room to work. Is there a gasket where the IR tube attaches to the header?

Thx
Old 02-24-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

A.I.R. = Air Injection Reactor. It's an emissions feature that's mainly there to get the cats to light up on a cold start.

There is a small gasket there. If you're careful, you can remove the tube without damaging it, therefore, without having to replace it. If you do damage it, you can just get some gasket material from an auto parts store and cut out your own.