Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about PerformaBuilt Transmissions & Converters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm all shook up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about PerformaBuilt Transmissions & Converters?

I ran my 12 second goal, and since it’s going to get hotter soon, I have all summer to prepare my car for this winter coming up. I want to run 11.9’s this winter, with no internal motor work.

So I decided to get a built transmission w/ a 3500 stall, and some long tube headers.

My question is, are the PerformaBuilt transmissions reliable? I’m thinking of a Stage 2 4L60E w/ their 3500 Stall.

Also, are their Converters good and reliable? Because I want to buy everything at once from them.

Please tell me all of your experiences with their transmissions and converters. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my Performabuilt converter for a few months now, no problems AT ALL.They built it to order and I got it about four days later.On the G-Tech pro I gained about .7 from my "before comverter" times!!.If their trans are as good as their verters, I will definitly get one!!.
mods 2000 B4c:5.3 heads,lt's,freebie mods,zo6 cam,lid, stock 3:23 gears 3600 performabuilt converter, shift kit and cooler,ls1 edit tune(more to come in a couple weeks).