PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed dynojets Wideband commander.........and have some questions???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed dynojets Wideband commander.........and have some questions???

When I started the car up the gauge took a while to start reading the A/F. After about 15 seconds or so it seemed to work fine. Then I'd turn the car off then start it to see how it would react. The same thing.......

Is it supposed to take a while for the car to read the A/F coming off of the exhaust?

And at idle the A/F seemed lean to me. It was at around 14.0 then when I'd rev the engine, the gauge would drop down to around 11.0 ish.

Can anyone give me some info on how there Wideband commander works, whether it lags upon start up, how the A/F is during idle, and how it moves when you accelerate........blah blah blah?????

I appreciate the help!!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11.0:1 is Rich... and yes any O2 sensor takes time to warm up before it reads accuratly...

Ryan
Old 02-24-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At anything except wot, the pcm will command 14.7 as the best a/f for emissions and economy. Did you calibrate the unit? I know on my LM1 WB, you must calibrate the unit for accurate readings. Mine takes a few minutes to heat up when cold, says on my screen heating.
Robert
Old 02-25-2007, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan K
11.0:1 is Rich... and yes any O2 sensor takes time to warm up before it reads accuratly...

Ryan
That's good to know, thanks.

I need to get some info from Ellis. I guess he has one, huh?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
At anything except wot, the pcm will command 14.7 as the best a/f for emissions and economy. Did you calibrate the unit? I know on my LM1 WB, you must calibrate the unit for accurate readings. Mine takes a few minutes to heat up when cold, says on my screen heating.
Robert
Cool thanks. I'm planning on pulling the car down from the blocks after I clean the wires up a bit more for a test drive. Hopefully the A/F readings stay somewhat normal. I didn't see anything in the instructions about calibrating. Someone with a wideband commander is going to have to shed some light on that for me.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure if you have your secondary air pump still hooked up, but that will make it read 18:1 while its running at idle. I let my car idle for around 20-30 seconds and then the gauge starts reading 18:1 then the air pump shuts off :and the needle drops to 14.7:1. And No, the guage auto calibrates, thats what it is doing when you first turn it on and the needle sweeps from 10:1 up to 18:1. I'm using mine after an STS turbo and have found it to read .2 leaner than the Dyno's wide band o2 that was mounted up front. Also software disc is not the most up to date, go online and download the newest software. I was not able to adjust my warning light untill I did this.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002ws-6
Not sure if you have your secondary air pump still hooked up, but that will make it read 18:1 while its running at idle. I let my car idle for around 20-30 seconds and then the gauge starts reading 18:1 then the air pump shuts off :and the needle drops to 14.7:1. And No, the guage auto calibrates, thats what it is doing when you first turn it on and the needle sweeps from 10:1 up to 18:1. I'm using mine after an STS turbo and have found it to read .2 leaner than the Dyno's wide band o2 that was mounted up front. Also software disc is not the most up to date, go online and download the newest software. I was not able to adjust my warning light untill I did this.
Cool dude. Thanks for the information........

I'll do that.

Quick Reply: Just installed dynojets Wideband commander.........and have some questions???