Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Noise

I just had my LS7 Clutch installed a few months ago. Ive since put a few thound miles on it.
The noise sounds as if something is loose. You could only hear it when the clutch pedal is all the way to the floor. The noise is gone when in gear.

Could it be the Pilot bearing? If so, what could cause it to wear so prematurely?

Heres a pic of the old one when i had the clutch installed.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

What kind of noise do you have. Does it do it when you let out the clutch?. I have a Spec 4 clutch. My pilot bearing blew apart to. I installed a old style brass pilot bushing, when I put the new clutch in. I have heard of alot of factory pilot bearing coming apart. I now have a very load squeek when the car is hot and you let out the clutch. I have heard issues with the brass bushing spinning in the crank? Or maybe the input bearing is going bad from no support when the pilot bearing went. I need to take my trans back out and check it. Possible throw out bearing to I guess.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by as35thss
What kind of noise do you have. Does it do it when you let out the clutch?. I have a Spec 4 clutch. My pilot bearing blew apart to. I installed a old style brass pilot bushing, when I put the new clutch in. I have heard of alot of factory pilot bearing coming apart. I now have a very load squeek when the car is hot and you let out the clutch. I have heard issues with the brass bushing spinning in the crank? Or maybe the input bearing is going bad from no support when the pilot bearing went. I need to take my trans back out and check it. Possible throw out bearing to I guess.
It sounds like a peice of metal is loose. The noise is only present when i press on the clutch all the way to the floor. Other than that, you cant hear it.

I uploaded a video so you can listen for yourself. FYI, pay close attention to 8 seconds and at 32 seconds into the video. Thats when you can hear the noise. Video I just realized the sound quality isnt all that great. Let me know if youd rather have the video emailed.