Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

RRev Drag Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RRev Drag Day

Well guys, we have a date nailed down (July 29th at PIR, which is a Sunday) and the location will be PIR.

Now, this was going to originally be a Supra only event, but the general consensus has been that people want to allow other cars, to maximize the fun of racing and there may not be enough Supra only interest to keep things interesting. So the classes will be open to anyone that meets the requirements. There will also be an open/grudge lane to settle some of the internet trash talk, however you WILL have to enter and run a regular class before you can then go to the grudge. Our goal for this event is not to simply have an unstructured grudge match (which most of us can do any weekend night) but to provide a fun class structure to race in, while allowing a path to do some grudge racing.

The only fees you will pay is simply buying a tech card at PIR like you would any other race day.

All racing will be done on a pro tree, heads up. All classes will be a 16 car field, so if you don't qualify for the field (everyone will get at least 2 qualifying passes) you can move to the grudge lane. If you get eliminated from your class, you can also move to the grudge lane. Keep in mind that faster cars WILL get eliminated at the tree or due to breakage, so even if you think your car isn't quite fast enough you might just suprise yourself and a lot of other people.

Unlimited Class

9.99 and faster, no full chassis cars. Thats it, run what you brung and hope it is fast enough (or reliable enough). $500 cash payout to the winner, along with a trophy. If you are interested in running this class, and your car is proven to be fast enough (or your setup seems resonable enough) then get in touch with me so I can sign you up. If you think your car can run a 9, but you or the car aren't legal to do so, you will not be running this class.

Sport RWD/AWD ($100 gift cerficate payout and trophy):

Slicks ok, engine/transmission must be same manufacturer as chassis(exceptions being given such as LS1's in RX-7'S etc), dual power adder ok, gasoline only, OEM sheetmetal.

Sport FWD($100 gift cerficate payout and trophy):

Same as Sport RWD, only for the FWD cars.

Street Class($100 gift cerficate payout and trophy):

No slicks, no DOT slicks, only fully treaded street tires or drag radials. Full interior required, and no dual power adders. No engine/drivetrain swaps allowed.

That is it, feedback is of course welcome, though don't expect any drastic changes or class additions. It is not because I don't want to, but we are simply limited to the amount of lanes we get and the manpower to organize this all during race day. Post up any feedback, or contact me via email (not PM) if you have suggestions or want to get into the unlimited class.

We are also planning a dyno day on Saturday, and of course PIR will be open Saturday night for regular grudge racing so if you need to practice or just start calling your friends out early that will be an option also.

Last edited by HolyShiznit; 03-01-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

So I'm not sure what class i would be ok for if any.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most likely Sport RWD.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO!! I cant run in the street class with my street tires in my totally legal daily driven street car. IS that a joke? WTF kind of rule is that? Why are you hating on DOT approved tires. Thats just not right.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

What tires are you running?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
LMAO!! I cant run in the street class with my street tires in my totally legal daily driven street car. IS that a joke? WTF kind of rule is that? Why are you hating on DOT approved tires. Thats just not right.
It says no slicks or DOT slicks. Street tires and drag radials are ok.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

There is no suck thing as a DOT approved slick unless he's talking about MT Streets or the equivelant. Maybe I'm wrong?

no slicks no DOT slick
What is a dot slick if not a MT street or DOT Hoosier?

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-26-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A DOT drag slick would be something like an MT ET Street, or a Hoosier QTP. MT ET Drag would be a non-DOT drag slick.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tranzor
A DOT drag slick would be something like an MT ET Street, or a Hoosier QTP. MT ET Drag would be a non-DOT drag slick.
Exactly so what he's saying is no MT streets which are a street legal DOT approved tire.

Which means they know they'll get their asses handed to them if they dont curb the rules to their favor.

But maybe I'm reading more into it than needs be. I just dont see it as a fair rule.
Most ricers dont have mt's for the track for their street car and they know that their turbo kicks in 100 ft down the track so they need to limit the traction of the competition so they dont lose. ok that was cynical as can be !!! LMAO!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically, they're saying no bias-ply tires, DOT legal or not. However, they did say drag radials are legal... so you can use MT ET Street Drag Radials, Nitto Drag Radials, Hoosier QTP Drag Radials, etc.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tranzor
Basically, they're saying no bias-ply tires, DOT legal or not. However, they did say drag radials are legal... so you can use MT ET Street Drag Radials, Nitto Drag Radials, Hoosier QTP Drag Radials, etc.
Honestly those are useless at my power level now. Thats why MT streets are there. One step below illegal, they are allowed in every street class I've ever run in. hahahahaha I know I'm being argumentatvie right now And I'll appologize to anyone I might have offended.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-26-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Exactly so what he's saying is no MT streets which are a street legal DOT approved tire.

Which means they know they'll get their asses handed to them if they dont curb the rules to their favor.

But maybe I'm reading more into it than needs be. I just dont see it as a fair rule.
Most ricers dont have mt's for the track for their street car and they know that their turbo kicks in 100 ft down the track so they need to limit the traction of the competition so they dont lose. ok that was cynical as can be !!! LMAO!
I don't know,.. I think that the way I read it, you may have a point! maybe it wasn't written the way they intended . Otherwise DAAA DA DA DA I think maybe they have been watching CCC
Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you really feel that my "ricer" car and my turbo that won't hit until 100 ft down the track is that inferior then I encourage you to show up. I could have a nice friendly side bet with you.

The rules were as "fair" as we could possibly get. Otherwise it would get out of control and we would have all sorts of 9 second cars running in the "street tire" class. Sorry if it doesn't cater specifically to you but I assure you there are others that will feel prejudiced against too.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
If you really feel that my "ricer" car and my turbo that won't hit until 100 ft down the track is that inferior then I encourage you to show up. I could have a nice friendly side bet with you.
Thats the whole point. What good will it do if you cant get traction. Ahh but if you have awd you've got the advantage of 4 tires grabbing. Make it fair for the non turbo bigger cubes who have torque off the line that they need to control. I'm sure your car is plenty fast but telling a person in street trim that they can't run in the street class is bushleague. 11.49 is street legal
have fun
Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am bringing my automatic Supra, my EVO is my DD. I am taking off the nitrous so I can compete in the street class (only one power adder allowed). I understand the torque off the line, launching off the stall is tricky because I have to time it with how much boost traction allows. You must be even worse with a built 347 + spray off the line in a 6 speed, especially with gears.

You can run in the grudge match lane if you wish. Unfortunately myself and RRev made the rules and that's what we came up with, otherwise the street class would be populated with a slew of 9.9 or faster cars that are in "street trim".

I wasn't meaning to specifically pick on you as I understand your predicament.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I might be interested in the unlimited class...Seriously. I am sure I would not be the fastest but what kind of competion would I be looking at?

Car will be in street trim except for skinnies. I will be rolling on ET Street DRs.

Ryan K might be interested also.

We are working on getting our bullet legal right now. we know it will run the number it is just getting it to the ground

Right now we are installing the front half of the cage and still get the car down in the 3,400Lbs range with interior.

Only hold up would be getting licenced by then.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

/\/\

Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

Anybody have any Nitto 255x16s around that I could borrow? I run 4th gen wheels.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't seen it posted, but it should be clarified PIR = Portland International Raceway (PIR) not Pacific Raceways (PR).

Most of the crew on this forum are in the Seattle region.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
I haven't seen it posted, but it should be clarified PIR = Portland International Raceway (PIR) not Pacific Raceways (PR).

Most of the crew on this forum are in the Seattle region.
But willing to travel for a good race

Quick Reply: RRev Drag Day