Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP newbie tune MS4 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP newbie tune MS4 LS1

Aloha everyone!

Finally got done with my "small" project this weekend.

Tore the engine down basically to a shortblock.

Installed:
-PAtriot LS6 CNC heads w/ Extreme Dual Springs
-GM MLS headgaskets
-TSP MS4 cam
-TSP Hardened 7.400 pushrods
-LS7 lifters
-Fast 90 intake
-Holley 90 TB
-FAST rails
-NASTY Performance Install kit
-MSD wires
-Pacesetter Race headers
-PAcesetter ORY
-Powerbond Underdrive Pulley

I basically did very few minor adjustments.
-adjusted throttle blade and reset TPS
-Raised warm engine base idle to 950 rpm.
-INcreased Main VE table by 5%

I am using EFI Live V2. Totally new to this, I do however have a very good understanding about EFI and what not.

My current concerns:

1-Cold start it barely idles (would like to get it to start better) (idles better when hot)
2-Hot Re-start it initially starts but stalls out. If I crack the throttle open a bit, it will start much better and then I just need to feather the throttle to get it to take the steadier 950 idle.
3-Part Throttle hiccup/hesitation. (If I let it idle for a bit then BLIP the throttle, I can feel/hear a slight hesitation then a vroom/rev)
4-Smells rich at idle (Engine warm), kinda like a carbureted car where your shirt smells like gas. Can I tune it so it does not smell that bad? ( I know the cats are not there, but they weren't there when it was stock)

I really do not know where to start. I didn;t want to start changing parameters till I get a real good understanding at what I am changing.

I do have a Innovate LM-1 which I plan to install first chance I get to the muffler shop to install the o2 bung. WHich brings another question-Can I remove one of the Pre O2 sensors temporarily, command Open Loop and install the LM-1 in that bung to avoid adding an additional bung?

I have seen the tutorial on AutoVE tuning. How does that work to help tune my car which by the way is a '98 and not covered in the AutoVe tutorial.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

I just need to know the first baby steps to get the starts/restart/stumble corrected and I am sure I will pick it up quickly!

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP newbie tune MS4 LS1