Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 & Roller Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 & Roller Rockers

Done some searching and haven't found a thread of this nature yet (unless I missed it)

I've heard alot of pros in swapping to Roller Rockers. One or two people out of a hundred say they're a very bad thing to do, but that's all I hear. Alot of people agree they're a great change, if only for the fact you're lowering the inertia force on the rocker. I think I said that correctly..

It just seems like common-sense to me that lessening friction is a good thing. I'm not going at it for a power-gain sort of thing. I just put a new cam in, .612 lift. 1.7 rocker ratio, Comp chromolly pushrods, new Comp lifters, new valves--basically new valvetrain all the way. I've got some Harland Sharp 1.7 Roller Rockers sitting on my desk.

What are the opinions & pros/cons of changing the stockers out for the HS rockers? Out of several forums, a few weeks of searching, and close to 100 opinions, 2 people said they'd suck power from my motor and could cause excessive wear. The rest say it's a positive upgrade, and vary with opinions as to why. Usually a slight power increase but most report easier on the valvetrain to move the valve.

There will be times I sit in the high-rpms, just to answer that question up front. Just looking to get all sorts of opinions.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Well I went 10.17@132 with stock rockers spinning it to 7200rpm. I switched to Comp Roller rockers just for a piece of mind and for valvetrain stability. I now spin the motor to 7500rpm with no issues.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Teching In

I am using the HS on my 408 ls2 stroker motor no poblems. I used them on my ls6 motor running them up to 7200 no problems there. I guess that i have not seen the problems some must be havinig with these rocker.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is little if nothing to be gained by replacing stock rockers, in fact there have been more problems with aftermarket.

Quick Reply: LS2 & Roller Rockers