Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to fill hole with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what to fill hole with?

im going to try and get the bullets on my TSP TDs up a little higher because there sitting a little low right now.. problem is if i do that ill have 2 open 3/8 drill holes. is there anything i can use to "patch" it some way? (besides electrical tape )
Old 02-28-2007, 03:10 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use a 3/8" bolt, nut, and washer w/ RTV. I have electrical tape on mine.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Weld it closed would be preferred or even JB Weld it. But a bolt and nut like Blur said would work too if you seal it. Maybe a rubber backed washer of some type bolted down over the hole? Duct tape is preferred over electrical tape if you are on a budget.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

man i dont think i can afford duct tape! haha j/k yeah i guess i could just use a bolt, thanks for the suggestion!
Blur- so to position the bullets higher i can use a jack and use that to to lift em up with a 2x4 or whatever?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have used duct tape, but dare I say, I couldn't find my roll.

Yeah you can lift them that way. Make sure the rear suspension is loaded when you're doing it, as in tires on blocks, or jackstands under axle. This will give you an idea of where your TQ arm will be 99% of the time. Mine was pretty damn close to it, and when I'd jack the car up and unload the suspension, the tq arm would actually hit the exhaust. This didn't do any damage to either part, and you could even dent the exhaust right there if you wanted to.

You have to remember that for the point where the pipe goes under the TQ arm to actually hit the TQ arm, the rear tires would have to go WAY far down. Since it pivots on the transmission, the rear would have to drop like 6" for that section of TQ arm above the pipe to drop 1".
Old 02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the info blur i appreciate it! ill let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i have bolts in where my downstream O2s are suppose to be in my y-pipe. but eventually, when i get some cash, i'm going to take a bolt out and use it for a/f ratio monitoring guage..ect. ect.