General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clutch!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch!!

hello i just got my clutch replaced and there is sum kind of noise coming from the middle of the car like rite under the shifter. it sounds like sumthin grinding but im not sure. mechganic said that thats normal for a while until the clutch disk gets back in to place? did my clutch get installed inproperly and the mechanic is making excuses? please help!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i can tell you this much..clutch discs dont miracuously fall into place, they should be properally aligned with the pressure plate and flywheel, and torqued to spec. So if those were his exact words he's hard core BS'n. What kinda of a shop did it...little garage, or a dealership?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

well the noise is slowly going away but my reverse gear is grinding everytime i put it in. no matter how slowly and carefully i put it in reverse it still grinds. before i got the clutch installed the reverse would only grind once in a while. my friend has a camaro as well and he says his grinds sumtimes also. is this common for the v6 transmission?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

You will probably get more responses and information in the Manual Transmission section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission-14/