General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help ?!?!

ok I've never seen this problem before so im not real sure what my problem is. All my lights such as headlights guage lights and radio lights are doing this when I get the rpm's up pretty high and once they start to lower back down again they will all flicker off for just a split second and you can hear this clicking sound when it happens this isn't a all the time thing but most of the time it does happen. My first thought was maybe a bad ground connection but everyone I have asked has never heard of this problem before so I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem. Any idea's would be great thanks guys!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackLS199
ok I've never seen this problem before so im not real sure what my problem is. All my lights such as headlights guage lights and radio lights are doing this when I get the rpm's up pretty high and once they start to lower back down again they will all flicker off for just a split second and you can hear this clicking sound when it happens this isn't a all the time thing but most of the time it does happen. My first thought was maybe a bad ground connection but everyone I have asked has never heard of this problem before so I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem. Any idea's would be great thanks guys!
Clicksing could come from a relay, you have a couple of fuse boxes under the hood with relays in them. Also there is a fuse panel at the end of your dash, buy I dont think I have seen any large relays in there. Perhaps you have a loose relay, check they are all seated correctly.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check that tonight when I am able to get my car in the shop ........hopefully that is it because it is getting pretty old and annoying.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the idea of electricity and the problem also involving rpms leads me to believe its something with your ALT....have it tested, and as stated check all your fuses and grounds