General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Seafoam Q.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seafoam Q.

put 8oz. of seafoam in the crankcase. OK to run car hard with it in there? The car only has 30 miles since the seafoam and dont anticipate much more mileage before Friday(raceday).
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably not smart to run the car at the track with seafoam in the oil...my oil was pitch black after a fresh oil change and seafoam...that was 70 miles,so change your oil
Old 03-08-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a can of Seafoam Deep Creep and spray into Intake manifold while car is off. Then your supposed to dump one can in the gas, half of one in your oil. And do the choke out thing with the other half can through the Brake Booster Vacuum line. You have to keep it running while you dump 1/4 of the can in and then dump the last 1/4 out and let the car stall. Leave it 30 minutes. Come out, start it up and take it for a hard spin let the carbon break loose. You are NOT supposed to let it go more then 100 miles without changing the oil. Mine was BLACK as hell when i got done and i only had 400 miles on a fresh change. I will do mine again this year too. My car ran AWESOME afterwards. The more smoke the better too
Old 03-08-2007, 05:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like ive told others....sea foam is a petro based cleaner...the way its designed is to in reality break down your oil, how else do you think it will break down the gunk in the crankcase?...

so in the interest of your car, id advise you only let it idle for a good bit...this will be sufficient