Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM1 muffler LM2 muffler differences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM1 muffler LM2 muffler differences?

Hey guys I just got my LM2 and I think I may have gotten the wrong muffler. I think I may have gotten the old resonator instead of the bullet muffler. From the pics I have seen the bullet is a fatter looking muffler. Mine looks just like the pictures of the LM1 mufflers I have seen. What does the inside of the LM1 muffler look like now? I had an old one and I believe the resonator was just a larger section of pipe with nothing inside. The one I have now looks like a straight though muffler as it does have a core. Which muffler did I get?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

the inside of the Lm1 is completly hollow. he Lm2 has has the so called muffler but is still straight through.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:55 AM
12 Second Club

new lm1 and lm2 are the same appearance wise. your system all clamps together? just take the clamps off and have a peek inside. if there is any baffling its an lm2 if its a big echo tube its an lm1.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Launching!

Okay cool. Thats what I thought but if you look at the pictures of the mufflers on SLP's sight the two look physically different even though they list the dimesions as being exactly the same. Mine does have muffler stuff inside of it. Thanks.