Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Paddle Block?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paddle Block?

Which was does my paddle block go back in? Stock 10 bolt on my WS6 and original gears. Does it goes with the removed groove angling up or down? Thanks

Benjamin
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wondered that exact same thing myself. I do not know the answer, however, when i did mine i put it back in with the groove facing up. My reasoning, because as the carrier rotates, i believe the grooves will pick up lube as it rotates through the oil and channel it into the worm gears. But like I said, not sure why there is an angled groove to begin with, just my guess and thats what I did because i did not take notice when i pulled it out. Its been working fine for some time now and cant see why the design would have that groove that way for any other reason. I know from experiance in engineeirng parts that if there is a certain way something must be installed it should be designed so it will only go in the correct way, that cross pin will go thru the paddle in either direction which leads me to believe its not that critical which way it goes. Someone on here should know for sure.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Anybody ever find out about this. Just got my rear end apart and wasnt paying attention to the way the paddle came out either. It fits good both ways, but like said before there is a reason its got those channels??
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://torsen.com/contact_information.htm
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

If it's a torsen then I am pretty sure the groove faces up. I just serviced a friends ten bolt and the paddle came out with them facing up. I am pretty sure it was the first time it had ever been serviced if that helps.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Default yes

The grooves face up . Just change my gears last night and and going to do a write up about this . I took pictures of the paddle and everything else. I just looked over the pictures and the groves face up.