Generation IV Internal Engine - L92 aftermarket valves..... what is the latest on ETA?

WizeAss
03-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Rev said 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago...... what is the latest on when someone will offer valves for these heads....... I need them in less than a couple weeks or so. :( :cry: :bang: :bang: :lurk:

GEN3Typhoon
03-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I have heard 2 weeks after 2 weeks after 3 weeks for more than a month now.

I got a set from Livernois motorsports last week. Just got off of the phone with them and they have 3 more complete sets in stock.

Hope that helps.

WizeAss
03-13-2007, 08:27 AM
I have heard 2 weeks after 2 weeks after 3 weeks for more than a month now.

I got a set from Livernois motorsports last week. Just got off of the phone with them and they have 3 more complete sets in stock.

Hope that helps.

how much?

GEN3Typhoon
03-13-2007, 08:33 AM
how much?

320 a set, plus shipping.

Richard@WCCH
03-13-2007, 08:37 AM
I'll have plenty to sell by friday. Sets will go for $240.00. PM me if you need any.

Richard :)

GEN3Typhoon
03-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I'll have plenty to sell by friday. Sets will go for $240.00. PM me if you need any.

Richard are these Manley's?

Richard@WCCH
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
No. Another vendor. They're not bad. They helped peak flow a touch and weigh about 7 grams more than stock.
I understand REV is supposed to have some valves in a week or two as well.

WizeAss
03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
No. Another vendor. They're not bad. They helped peak flow a touch and weigh about 7 grams more than stock.
I understand REV is supposed to have some valves in a week or two as well.

I assume the REV's will be lighter vs heavier.... I guess I will have to wait :cry:

skipperbisket
03-13-2007, 11:01 PM
$320 a set for valves? DAMN...did you get vasoline? Rev has them listed for $16 each...thats ~$260

WizeAss
03-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Bump For Rev Representative.

REVvalves
03-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Hello All,

For all those confused about the arrival of the new L92 Valves, the first lot will be available for shipping no later than 3/21/07.

Could be sooner but that is worse case, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for your patience.

Ralph Lebron

StingrayCrazy
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Hello All,

For all those confused about the arrival of the new L92 Valves, the first lot will be available for shipping no later than 3/21/07.

Could be sooner but that is worse case, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for your patience.

Ralph Lebron

Ralph, I just sent you a PM...

Frank :chug:

Mean 69
03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll have plenty to sell by friday.

Please save a set for me, you'll have my heads probably by then too! Hope to get them in the mail tomorrow, so they may show up on Monday.

:naughty:
Mark

Greg Good
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with the guys at Rev so don't knock them. This is a new product, and it takes a little time to get things flowing, in the pipeline, and inventory on the shelf.

Rev now has their first shipment of these valves in. Guys please remember that these have to be manufactured, shipped, THEN go through customs before Rev can even get their hands on them. The're not loafing around. They WANT to sell valves. That's what they're in business for.

REVvalves
03-15-2007, 02:30 PM
There's nothing wrong with the guys at Rev so don't knock them. This is a new product, and it takes a little time to get things flowing, in the pipeline, and inventory on the shelf.

Rev now has their first shipment of these valves in. Guys please remember that these have to be manufactured, shipped, THEN go through customs before Rev can even get their hands on them. The're not loafing around. They WANT to sell valves. That's what they're in business for.Confirmed

Thanks

Ralph Lebron (REV)

Richard@WCCH
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
We sell REV's valves by the box load. They make a great valve at a great price and are worth the wait. Hang on just a bit longer, they're on their way.

88ls1blazer
03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
some clarification please, so the REV's are made overseas? where are the manley's made?

GEN3Typhoon
03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
$320 a set for valves? DAMN...did you get vasoline? Rev has them listed for $16 each...thats ~$260

Uh... let me see.. NO ONE has these, I bought a set of Manley's for $320, your price from REV is $260.

$8000+ into a motor and I am going whine about $60 more for a set of valves... :eyes:

WizeAss
03-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Rev now has their first shipment of these valves in. Guys please remember that these have to be manufactured, shipped, THEN go through customs before Rev can even get their hands on them. The're not loafing around. They WANT to sell valves. That's what they're in business for.

I agree.... I just like having real ETA's and not heresay..... nothing directed towards you. I am a patient fella when I am in the loop....... sometimes I force myself into the loop.

Thanks for in input Greg and Ralph!

WizeAss
03-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Uh... let me see.. NO ONE has these, I bought a set of Manley's for $320, your price from REV is $260.

$8000+ into a motor and I am going whine about $60 more for a set of valves... :eyes:

For some of us that 60 bucks helps us afford to spend 7k on a motor setup! 7k on a liability is pretty tough for most.... now if the car paid me a residual income or interest with dividends that would be a different story! :jest:

GEN3Typhoon
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
For some of us that 60 bucks helps us afford to spend 7k on a motor setup! 7k on a liability is pretty tough for most.... now if the car paid me a residual income or interest with dividends that would be a different story! :jest:

:jest:

You understand my point though... I am this far in.. an extra $60 is not a project breaker...

88ls1blazer
03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
does anyone know? i see 60 dollars well spent if its made in the USA rather then overseas? any1 with me on this?

Richard@WCCH
03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
does anyone know? i see 60 dollars well spent if its made in the USA rather then overseas? any1 with me on this?

About the only valves manufactured here in the US are titanium valves. Virtually all of the stainless steel performance valves are made over seas. That doesn't mean the quality is less though.

Jason 98 TA
03-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I have tracking showing 8 sets arriving at my shop on Tuesday!! :) :) :)

Greg Good
03-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I HAD to switch valve manufacturers many years ago because of the leading USA made valve breaking the heads off. It was a good move and I haven't looked back since.

WizeAss
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I HAD to switch valve manufacturers many years ago because of the leading USA made valve breaking the heads off. It was a good move and I haven't looked back since.

GREG...... did ya get the valves in??? :lurk: :devil: :) :judge: :judge:

Greg Good
03-20-2007, 01:20 PM
No, but they're on the way. Send a PM in the future please.

WizeAss
03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
No, but they're on the way. Send a PM in the future please.

whoooooops!

sorry bout that :)

00Formula
03-20-2007, 11:06 PM
I ordered 2 sets of REV valves for the l92s(2.16/1.60) back in novemeber.....i think it took about 5-6 weeks to get them in(which at the time was faster than i could get the heads themselves) and they look excellent! Should be using the first set next week....

88ls1blazer
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Just some clarification guys. I called manley and verified for us, their valves are USA made. I feel this would be $60 well spent, but to each his own. Im not saying rev is bad, im just stating one key difference between the 2 which would be an easy choice for me.

Greg Good
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
whoooooops!

sorry bout that :)

No biggie! :devil:

Just trying to save the site some bandwidth. I'll PM you when they get here. Any day now.

Greg Good
03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Just some clarification guys. I called manley and verified for us, their valves are USA made. I feel this would be $60 well spent, but to each his own. Im not saying rev is bad, im just stating one key difference between the 2 which would be an easy choice for me.

Rev and Ferrea will bend without breaking. Others I've used were like glass rods. This is one case where in my experince the foreign part is better.

88ls1blazer
03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Rev and Ferrea will bend without breaking. Others I've used were like glass rods. This is one case where in my experince the foreign part is better.

just out of curiousity which "ones" were these? I'm not trying to disrespect you but that's like saying the tires I had on my car were crap, but the Toyo's I use now are great. Well we know they are both tires, but what were the other ones you are comparing them to?

Greg Good
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Look, use what you think is best, and I will use what has worked for me for many years. Not naming names because I don't want to start a flame war. The point I've been trying to make is that the Rev valves (Ferrea too) are better than the American ones I've used, so that's what goes into my customers heads. You like something different? Great! Then by all means use it and reccomend it to others. I have no problem with that. Just don't imply that my decades of experience have no bearing on soundly rating valve manufacturers.

WizeAss
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
just out of curiousity which "ones" were these? I'm not trying to disrespect you but that's like saying the tires I had on my car were crap, but the Toyo's I use now are great. Well we know they are both tires, but what were the other ones you are comparing them to?

dont ? the man....... that is like ? Dale Earnhardt on driving race cars. What is the point! lol :jest:

Greg Good
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
88ls1blazer, you brought up tires. Today I had BF Goodrich G-force Sports taken off the front of my car and in their place I had installed a set of used Michelin Pilots on that I bought off E-bay. Now the car doesn't sound like a four wheel drive going down the road and it doesn't have that nagging "bump" that an "out of round" tire makes. The Michelins are NOT made in the USA. Guess where the G-Force's are manufactured?

So what's that you were implying about American quality being absolute?

88ls1blazer
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying American quality is absolute, but I have yet to see any chinese made part that surpasses a quality USA made part, yes, American manufacturers can make junk, period, anyone can, however as i stated a good USA made part will currently always surpass a chinese part. I dont think anyone can prove otherwise. Now when you put cost into the equation thats a little different.

88ls1blazer
03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
dont ? the man....... that is like ? Dale Earnhardt on driving race cars. What is the point! lol :jest:

And as far as this comment, I'm not sure how to take this, I will question anyone for their input, no1 is above questioning, just because someone "knows" there stuff doesnt mean a little clarification is in order. Say you did talk to a Race car driver, wouldnt you ask him why he did something a certain way, or what he likes to use and why?

If he was using an american made valve that was a budget line to compete with a mid-level line of an imported valve thats a huge difference then a premium american made valve. I asked what manufacturer it was because it could have been anyone that used to manufacture valves in the US, maybe they dont anymore, maybe they were all junk and went out of business, maybe it was a quality control problem that has since been resolved. Regardless, I asked a question because I felt it relevent.

Since you are stating that I shouldnt question him, wouldnt you question someone that said american cars are junk? Wouldnt you want to know something other than "i had a trans blow up in one", like what car was it, what motor option, what trans option, was it a problem that they had to reengineer to fix it, and if so, did they do that correctly?

airflowdevelop
03-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Who told you this? Give me their name...they should be fired....

Greg Good
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Andy, question me until the cows come home. I don't mind it. We both put our pants on the same way each morning. One leg at a time.

I am not saying that Chinese valves are as good as U.S. ones. I am speaking of South American valves. Rev and Ferrea. I don't want to mention the American company's name because it's not my style. I have not posted in this thread to hurt any company's business, but from a defensive position to correct some mistruths about foreign quality. The American company I speak of has steel valves that break like glass, and the moly on their titanium valves is so soft that a teflon seal will chew through it. I like to buy American when I can like most other Americans, but my customers come first, and quality is the main priority. I will fade the heat and it is worth it as long as the product I use is the very best I can get my hands on. I don't care if it comes from Mongolia.

In a fantasy world valves never make contact with pistons. But in the real world where people miss shifts, engine builders don't put enough valve to piston in an engine, etc. etc. valves do come into contact with the pistons. Some valve bend and others just break and blow the engine to smitherenes. What do you want? A chance to replace a bent valve, or to have to shell out thousands just to say you were patriotic and got suckered by a fellow American who didn't give you his best?

WizeAss
03-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Sound advice...... :judge:

I was not trying to disrespect Blazer with my comment, but I guess sometimes it doesnt hurt to ask WHY, except when momma says not to touch that pan or walk across the street.

88ls1blazer
03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Who told you this? Give me their name...they should be fired....

I do not recall their name, but i gave them the part number on the valve, which is their race series valve, and they clarified that that series is USA made. If you would like i can double check.

88ls1blazer
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Pride Connor was the name of the guy I spoke with Today, he did verify that it IS a USA made valve.

Greg Good, I thought REV was a chinese valve when someone made a comment about a "slow boat" A south american valve is definately made better then a Chinese one. Like i said, to each his own.

xfactor_pitbulls
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Look, use what you think is best, and I will use what has worked for me for many years. Not naming names because I don't want to start a flame war. The point I've been trying to make is that the Rev valves (Ferrea too) are better than the American ones I've used, so that's what goes into my customers heads. You like something different? Great! Then by all means use it and reccomend it to others. I have no problem with that. Just don't imply that my decades of experience have no bearing on soundly rating valve manufacturers.

You would think Rev and Ferrea would be similar. Isnt Rev the company that was started by a couple of guys that left Ferrea and basically started copying shit for a lower price?

john_sblendorio
03-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I take it, lightweight (Ti or hollow stem) are out of the question??? I am not in dire need luckily, but do not want to buy valves and/or rockers arms twice.

dinogt
04-03-2007, 10:19 PM
ok newbie here why whould you need aftermarket valves? (be nice)

dinogt
04-03-2007, 10:35 PM
please pm me with info just bought some l92 heads for a ls2 build and dont know alot thanks

Richard@WCCH
04-03-2007, 11:21 PM
The factory valves flow pretty well out of the box and are durable enough for an NA engine. With power adders the exhaust valves become questionable. We've seen better intake port flow with some of the aftermarket stainless steel valves that are now available. Lastly, the cost of the valves. The aftermarket valves we sell are less expensive than the stock valves from the dealer.