Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tuning question

I have a 2002 TA M6 and have installed thunder racing 224 cam with 112lsa. Now running the car after the install it seems to be running rich. I was running it to fill the cooling system and holding it at 1500-2000 rpms the headers started glowing red. I shut the car off immedately so as not to melt the converters. I let it cool and then ran it again to get it up to temp looking at the o2 sensors they were running allmost full rich. I tryed e-mailing thunder racing and got no responce.(thanks alot there) I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem or any suggestions on tuning. The car has some bolt ons and qtp headers and y pipe.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Well, if you want to tune it yourself, you'll need a laptop and some software. If not, you need to take it to someone who will tune it. Aside from that, there's not much you can do in the mean time. Are your headers just painted? Have the NBO2 sensors ever been replaced? The car can only learn so far. But for an M6 with a 224 cam, it shouldn't be outside of the limits for it to stay running..
Old 03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

The headers are stainless and the o2s are stock. Thunder racing says tuning for automatic cars on there website with this cam so i was expecting for the computer to learn it but i guess not. What tune programs are recommended and how easy are they to get them right yourself without dyno use. I would allmost rather pay for the dyno runs and tune rather then do it myself but risk damage to the converters driving it there.(have no trailer) Thanks for your help