Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Poly Tranny mount ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Poly Tranny mount ?

Does anyone run the spacer that comes with the Energy Suspension poly tranny mount? If so do you have any problems with vibrations?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the ES mount with a spacer a few years ago and hated it because of the vibration so I removed it and went back to the stock mount (1LE)
My Driver side Motor mount failed and tore up my stock mount so now I have a poly motor mount and the ES mount back in without the spacer and it's liveable.
I also found that the spacer raised the trans up in the tunnel causing the shifter to hit the console in reverse, another reason not to use the spacer.
JMO

Good luck
Old 03-16-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have prothane engine mounts, and a energy suspension trans mount. Im using the plate that came with the mount, as well as another 1/8" spacer UNDER the mount to give me some more clearance at the pan. My car is an 87 TA...and I removed a lot of sound deadner from around the dash area.

I dont have any bad vibes, and my motor isnt what Ide consider to be mild... I knew it wasnt going to be perfectly quiet and smooth. But its WAY better than I thought it was gonna be.

J.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im using the energy poly trans mount with the spacer provided, when 1st installed the vibration was more than stock, but now its not very noticable