Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got some extra money and nee help spending it!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some extra money and nee help spending it!!

i have a few extra buck and have no idea were to spend it. my ar has a stok ls6 thats about it i dont have alot 2 spend so money is the mjor factori was thinking long tubes?? what about the pacesetters? any other ideas of wat ele in the same price range? thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

how much do you have to spend? i love my pacesetters and they are a great mod. depending on how much you have to spend gears, cam, heads, suspension, etc are all good mods. need more info on how much you want to spend and what goals you have for the car.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Well around how much cash do you have?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

umm work on the grammer to start... people around here wont take kindly to random grotesque jibber jabber. any way somehow i doubt you car came with a ls6 in it. prolly a ls1 with a ls6 intake since its an 01. do a search on the pacesetters they are very popular. try not being so vague how much money are we talking?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Launching!

hey sorry about the gramar! and i am plainnig on spending about $500 sorry forgot to add that! and yes the car dose have a LS6 in it ( also has a LS6 intake!) already checked the casting #2! the orginal ls1 went out at about 30K (oil pressure droped spun a bering) one thing lead to another and a LS6 got put back in!!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

prolly has the LS6 block. anyway....pacesetter coated headers are a good bang for the buck choice.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Launching!

ya it seems they are a good price thanks! i think thats what i am going to do! would you run any cats or go with the off road pipe? i guess its possible that it is just the block but i talked to the original owner of the car who told me the whole story of a warranty gone bad and gave me paper work from the dealership of a LS6 short block (block, internals, cam) being put in the car! it is the stock LS1 top end (LS6 intake) but he also gave me reciepts for port and polished heads and dyno tuning! the dyno sheet shows 412RWHP! i guess it is possible its an LS1 but i dont think it would put down those type of numbers without decent mods or would it? and the paper work the guy gave me looks real. it is also obviouse that the heads have had somthing done to them the casting numbers are now ground off. and the kicker to the whole thing is i pulled a 06 gto m6 with 415RWHP by a few lengths with ease and a 98 SS with a cam and minor bolt ons 378RWHP by about 5 lengths. i know the driver dose have alot to do with this it just tells me that somthing is a lil different with the car the LS6 with 412RWHP makes ALOT of sence to me! thanks 4 the help